The Mad Parson

As a matter of fact, yes, I do think irreverence is a spiritual gift.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fifty Minutes With Reality

Patient: "We're going to stay the course."

Shrink: "But it's obvious that's not working."

Patient: "It will. We work for equality for all. We are inspired by hope."

Shrink: "Your tactics are unconstitutional."

Patient: "My lawyers assure me I'm on firm ground."

Shrink: "Folks are starting to think you are out of touch with the average person."

Patient: "Look, I have a vision. We are going to keep our eyes fixed on the horizon. And everyone's going. If you're not for us, you're against us."

Shrink: "The voices of opposition are growing louder."

Patient: "Egghh. They don't know what I know. They don't have all the information. This is a tough job. I make tough decisions. '[T]his kind of work is hard and slow going.' But, the people picked me to lead, and that's what I'm going to do."

Shrink: "You are having a hard time facing reality: Your tactics are unconstitutional, the opposition is growing, and your plan isn't working!"

Patient: "BUT I'M THE STATED CLERK!"

Shrink: "Orderly!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

So, when these arguments are used by the President for his nation-building experiment in the Middle East it is an abuse of power and American Imperialism.

When the same arguments are used by the Stated Clerk, they are supposed to be exceptional leadership in stormy times?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely stated.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter